Accredited By NBA-AICTE
Mechanical engineering is a diverse course that derives its breadth from the need to design and manufacture everything from small individual parts to large systems. It plays a central role in such industries as automotive, aerospace, biotechnology (implants, prosthetic devices, fluidic systems for pharmaceutical industries), computers and electronics (disk drives, printers, cooling systems, semiconductor tools), micro electro mechanical systems, or MEMS, energy conversion, environmental control, automation, manufacturing process. This field has continually evolved to incorporate advancements in technology, and today’s developments in such fields as composites, mechatronics, and nanotechnology.
Apart from the class rooms, we motivate the students to visit the various industries related to various fields of the department. It helps the students to understand the concept in technical aspects for the forthcoming semesters. It provides the concept of subjects & fast growing technologies in future trends.
LIST OF LABORATORIES
A shop contains the following machineries with well experienced machinists for training the students.
- Centre lathes
- All Gear lathe
- Turret and Capstan Lathe
- Horizontal Milling machine
- Vertical Milling machine
- Shaping Machine
- Slotting Machine
- Surface Grinding machine
- Radial Drilling Machine
- Lathe tool Dynamometer
- Pillar Drilling machine
- Cylindrical Grinding machine
- Tool and Cutter Grinder
- Universal Milling machine
- Gear Hobbing machine
FLUID MACHINARY LABORATORY EQUIPMENTS
- Major Loss Apparatus
- Mouth piece and Orifice Apparatus
- Minor Loss Apparatus
- Rectangular Notch Apparatus
- Pelton Turbine Test –Rig
- Francis Turbine Test-Rig
- Single stage Centrifugal Pump
- Jet Pump Apparatus
- Reciprocating Pump Apparatus
- Multi stage Centrifugal Pump
- Gear Oil Pump Apparatus
- Submersible Pump -Rig
- Variable Speed Centrifugal Pump-Test (Rotometer)
THERMAL ENGINEERING LABORATORY EQUIPMENTS
- Open cup Cleve Land apparatus.
- Closed cup Pensky-Marten’s Apparatus.
- Saybolt Universal Viscosity meter.
- Redwood’s Viscosity meter.
- Single cylinder Diesel Engine cut section model.
- Single cylinder Petrol Engine cut section model.
- Twin cylinder Diesel Engine.
- Single cylinder Petrol engine.
- Single cylinder Diesel engine.
- Orsat apparatus
- Single cylinder Diesel engine using Data Acquisition system
- Steam Turbine
- Multicylinder Petrol engine
METROLOGY AND MEASUREMENT LABORATORY EQUIPMENTS
- Vernier caliper
- Vernier Height Gauge
- Vernier Depth Gauge
- Slip Gauge set
- Gear tooth Vernier
- Sine Bar
- Bevel Protractor
- Floating Carriage Micrometer
- Profile Projector
- Mechanical / Electrical / Pneumatic Comparator
- Temperature Measuring Setup
- Displacement Measuring Setup
- Force Measuring Setup
- Torque Measuring Setup
- Vibration Measuring Setup
HEAT AND MASS TRANSFER LABORATORY EQUIPMENTS
- Guarded Plate apparatus.
- Lagged Plate apparatus.
- Natural Convection Vertical Cylinder apparatus
- Forced Convection inside tube apparatus.
- Pin-Fin apparatus.
- Stefan-Boltzman apparatus.
- Emissivity measurement apparatus.
- Parallel/ Counter flow heat Exchanger apparatus.
- Single/two stage reciprocating air compressor.
- Refrigeration test rig.
- Air-conditioning test rig.
DYNAMICS LABORATORY EQUIPMENTS
- Motorised Gyroscope
- Universal Governor Apparatus
- Whirling Shaft Apparatus
- Torsional Vibration Set Up
- Free And Forced Vibration Setup
- Static And Dynamic Balancing Setup
- Cam Analyser
CAD / CAM LABORATORY EQUIPMENTS
- Pentium 4 machines with LCD Monitors
- CNC Production Lathe
- CNC Trainer Milling Machine
- Ansys-11 Software (For analysis)
- EdgeCam solid modeling software
- Cadian 2D drafting software
- Solidworks Software
MECHATRONICS LABORATORY EQUIPMENTS
- Basic pneumatic trainer kit
- Basic Pneumatic Trainer Kit with Electrical Control
- Basic Pneumatic Trainer Kit with PLC Control
- PID Controller
- Temperature Controller
- Flow Controller
- Level Controller
- Hydro Simulation Software
- Pneumatic Simulation Software
- 8051 Micro controller Kit with stepper Motor
- Software with sensors to measure pressure, direction, velocity, & force (Automation studio).